Do's & Don'ts for Birding
- Armed with good binocular, camera and field guide.
- Early mornings are the best times for birding.
- Have some light snacks and put water bottle.
- Wear camouflaged or dull coloured clothes.
- Keep your eye on bird and listen for calls and song.
- Estimate general size and shape of the bird.
- Make a note of facial markings and bill characteristics.
- Look for wing bars and tail shape.
- Observe leg colour and length
- Study movement and flight patterns
- Determine feeding habitats
- Describe habitat, region and climate
- Record your observations
- Don't disturb the birds and other wildlife
- Don't make a noise, keep silence
- Don't listen song or music
- Don't litter in the area, use dustbins
- Don't carry firearms
- Don't wear bright coloured clothes and soft sole shoes
- Don't use vehicle during birding, walk on foot with in protected area